Question about Android app and voice commands???

General discussion about Open Source Automation
Datahead

Question about Android app and voice commands???

#1 Post by Datahead » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi all,
As of late I have been using the Android app on my phone around the house, and I have a few questions. All seems to work well with the exception of the voice commands. The app keeps saying "Command Activation Failed" The app itself is working as I can turn things on and off from my phone and see the different object status on the home screen, but no the voice command. It might be something I am doing wrong as I am new to the app. Does the VR executable have to be running by chance?

Also the status screen on the Android comes up blank. I am assuming it is because I don't have anything in the Custom Property List. So my Question is how does one set that up? When I go into the Custom Property List it ask for Item and Label. When I add a property nothing comes up in the Web UI, nor on the screen of the Phone. Could some one please explain what I am doing wrong here as I would like to have my door and window sensors come up on the status screen of my phone. Thanks in advance...

Ron

Automate

Re: Question about Android app and voice commands???

#2 Post by Automate » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:53 pm

The Status page of the Android app works the same of the Mobile OSA Web page. See Status section of the Web plugin in the wiki. http://www.opensourceautomation.com/wik ... Web_Server

fiveHellions

#3 Post by fiveHellions » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:13 pm

The VR does not need to be running. The voice recognition is done on android and it then uses the rest api to send the text for a pattern match.

Make sure that your rest port isn't blocked by a firewall or anything.

The error actually sounds like it is failing at the voice recognition part before it even sends it to osa. What version of android are you using? I will try to take a look at it tomorrow.

Datahead

#4 Post by Datahead » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:01 am

fiveHellions wrote: What version of android are you using? I will try to take a look at it tomorrow.
As to the version of Android it is version 2.3.6
Automate wrote:The Status page of the Android app works the same of the Mobile OSA Web page. See Status section of the Web plugin in the wiki. http://www.opensourceautomation.com/wik ... Web_Server
LOL... I am starting to feel like I am stuck on stupid with this custom property list thing. If I go into Objects Type page of the Web UI I can add things to the List.List Object type, and it comes up on the web UI but not the Status screen in the OSA Web Gui. I know this is just me not understanding the concept of how this works and I am starting to feel like an idiot considering how long I have been working with OSA. A little help for the brain dead please... LOL

Ron

Automate

#5 Post by Automate » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:03 am

Ron, you mention Object Type. You should not need to do anything with Types.

Just go to your "Custom Property List" object and set up something like this.
Custom List.png
Custom List.png (13.71 KiB) Viewed 3368 times
The "Label" is optional and is only currently used on the full size "Value" web page, not on the Mobile "Status" page

Automate

#6 Post by Automate » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:04 am

Also make sure your Rest plugin is running and the port is not blocked by a firewall.

Datahead

#7 Post by Datahead » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:48 am

Thanks Automate,
I just had my syntax wrong when enter the Items in the list. Just to be sure what is the REST port number?

bwoodworth
Site Admin

#8 Post by bwoodworth » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:53 am

Brian

fiveHellions

#9 Post by fiveHellions » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:08 am

Found the problem.

When it encoded the URL to send the rest command it changed the spaces to + then the rest plugin would not match the pattern.

So single word commands worked and multiple word ones did not.

Try the latest version of the app https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/433 ... ension.apk

Datahead

#10 Post by Datahead » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:29 am

fiveHellions wrote:Found the problem.

When it encoded the URL to send the rest command it changed the spaces to + then the rest plugin would not match the pattern.

So single word commands worked and multiple word ones did not.

Try the latest version of the app https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/433 ... ension.apk
That was it... Works like a charm. Thanks...
Ron